Thursday, June 3, 2010

A little Update... finally!

It's been a little while (as I was informed by a cousin this past weekend...thanks Eric!) so I thought I would give a little update!

We have finished all of the paperwork for our homestudy and are well on our way of completing our dossier.

There has been a new law put in place that will effect us, making us travel twice: after we get our referral for a court hearing (and to meet the baby), then 6 weeks later to bring her home. There are still some questions that are unanswered at this point, but I am sure they will become clear as we move forth.

In august we should have all of our paperwork turned in and hopefully on its way to Ethiopia!

We decided to take our time, in hopes Brock will be in kindergarden when she comes.

I am looking forward to continuing our Thursday "Brock and Mommy date days" and then just being with the baby when she comes the following year.

By the time we turn in all of our paperwork in August, the courts in Ethiopia will be closed for their rainy season, and will re-open after their holiday in October. It is at this time they will look at the paperwork, get it approved and start the process of matching us with a child.

We expect our referral (child) to be picked for us and brought to our attention sometime in the spring of 2011.

We hope to be traveling in the early summer of 2011 to bring her home.

In a way I feel like getting our baby is so far away.... We will go through one more school year with Maddyn and Brock, one more year of holidays with just the four of us, and share so many other moments. But I don't feel rushed to get her here, I know this will only allow us more time to prepare for her and to get a few things in our life settled before child 3 comes.

I feel god has put a peace in our heart about the perfect timing.

With the passing of my grandfather this past week, I look forward to a future filled with a family full of priceless moments as we expand our family (just like the memories I had with my family growing up). Robbie and I talk about leaving a legacy that reflects a life of being an example of Christ. My grandpa wasn't a man of words, but of action. Last week I realized more than ever those actions far outweighed any words he could have ever had. I told him as I dance with him at my wedding I could only dream of having a life as fulfilled as his. Our prayer is, as we raise the children we have now and the one (or ones) we might adopt into our family in the future, would be to have just that... A lifetime of memories that honor a God who gives and takes away...

With small children it seems hard to find the time to think about tomorrow let alone years from now. But nothing excites me more, than to have a room full of kids celebrating with them and all they have accomplished.

Also thank you to our friends and family once again for doing another round of referrals for us, and I promise there are no more. I recruited some wonderful friends from back home to help us with the next round! I know there are only so many ways to say Robbie and I are the best (hahah, just kidding!)

I just love God and how he works on our hearts constantly, and what is truly means to be his hands and feet.

I am sure this adoption is only the start of a journey we never could have even imagined.... And I think I can speak for Robbie too when I say it's a journey we will look forward to and embrace.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Ethiopia and our baby girls have brought our lives together. Now when can we schedule a lunch date? ;)

    ReplyDelete